It’s the rainy season again here in the Philippines and I thought of reviewing some items that are quite perfect for the rainy season: Maybelline Color Tattoo 24 Hours Eyeshadow. Well, they are actually more suitable for summer since they’re cream shadows and they have such vibrant colors. However, I think that they are perfect for the rainy season as well because these lovelies can withstand the constant battle between the sun and rain. I purchased these Maybelline cream shadow gems US last year. I saw them in one of the many drug store there and I grabbed four shades: Tenacious Teal, Pomegranate Pink, Painted Purple, and Too Cool.
These are cream eyeshadows that have intense color payoff and are supposed to last 24 hours. Each eyeshadow is housed in a sturdy glass jar with a black screw on lid. The packaging is really nice and does not feel cheap at all. They remind me of MAC paint pots, actually.
What I Love:
- The formulation is excellent. They are super creamy and easy to spread out. They dry quickly though. Make sure to apply on one eye at a time.
- The shades I purchased had wonderful color payoff. I picked out two loud shades and two more wearable shades.
- They can be used as an eyeshadow base, eyeshadow alone, and eyeliner. I love that cream eyeshadows have so many functions. <3
- I tried these on one at a time and did not experience any creasing or fading for around 15 hours. I don’t like wearing makeup overnight so I wasn’t able to test it out for the full 24 hours.
What I dont like:
- Since the packaging is really nice, these eyeshadows may not be travel friendly because they pack on a LOT of weight to your travel make-up kit. (It’s not really a bad thing for me though. Just pointing it out. ;)
Tips and Final Thoughts
- When you’re in a hurry, you can use your fingers to apply this on your lids.
- Use the bright colors as eyeliners for a pop of color on your peepers.
- Use the white shade to make your eyeshadow appear more vibrant.
- Use the pomegranate pink (which actually looks like a bronzey shade to me) as an eyeshadow base to your neutral eye makeup look.
Shades and Swatches
What do you guys think?? :)
For more updates, like my page on facebook here!
Follow me on twitter! :)
Follow me on instagram!