I recently had a friend of mine who asked me for advice on what brow product she could use to match her light brown hair color. Her hair color is very similar to mine which is why it was kind of easy to answer her question. Her question got me to thinking that I never got to put up a review on my current go-to product for tinting my brows. I’ve been using this product for months now and I think it’s perfect for those who have lightly colored hair like me.
forgive my Etude house Color My Brows shade in number 2. As I said, I’ve been using it almost every day for months now and the logo it initially had has already faded away.
When I took my certificate course at MUD, I decided to purchase another shade so as to cater to the brown haired girl who will be on my makeup chair. :) So now I have the product in shades 1 and 2. 1 is the shade on the left and 2 is the shade on the right.
From the name Color My Brows, the product is an eyebrow tint that has a gel to cream-like consistency. Shade number one is light chocolate brown shade while shade number two is a light brown shade with a touch of semi-orange hues. Both shades have really tiny flecks of shimmer in them. and The product is quite small and is about the length of my palm. It has diamond shaped applicator made of natural bristles.
What I Love:
- Since it is common for women to have brown or dark hair, I use the shade 1 as an eyebrow gel to keep eyebrows in place.
- Shade number 2 is perfect for my hair color because it matches my light hair color superbly.
- The small size of the brush is perfect for those who have thin and barely there eyebrows like me. i think it’s better to have small brushes then big ones because girls with fuller brows can benefit small brushes as well. Girl with thin brows however may have a hard time using big brush applicators.
- I like that they packaged the brow tints in a way that it is easy for people to identify the color of the brow tint. The shades of the brow tints match their packaging.
- I’ve been using this almost everyday for roughly six months now and I still haven’t run out of the product.
- It’s quite affordable at around PHP360.
- It’s sole purpose for me is to tint my brows. It doesn’t really fill in brows which is why I use my Face Shop retractable pencil to fill in my brows.
- It doesn’t last all day on me. When I apply it in the morning, I find that it fades after around 11 hours of wearing time. I don;
- I don’t mind reapplying though! :)
me wearing the shade 2
I think this is a cheap alternative to the high-end brow tints. It’s cheap AND effective. I recommend this to those who need brow tints to match their hair color to their eyebrows because hair and eyebrows that don’t match are a no-no! :) Just kidding. Well I just personally find it more pleasing to the eyes when a person’s hair and brow color match.
What other tints do you recommend? :) Let me know!! :)
For more updates, like my page on facebook here!
Follow me on twitter! :)
Follow me on instagram!