I am ADDICTED to getting my nails done. I have them done at least twice a month. I normally go to my favorite nail spa in Greenhills but my mom recently bought two vouchers for nail pampering services at the Pink Me Up Nail and Dry Bar located at Shaw boulevard, Mandaluyong City.
The Nail and Dry Bar is located in a building and I had to walk through a series of hallways to reach the nail spa. Good thing is there were signs at each corner that guided me to the nail spa. ;)
I am VERY fond of the color pink and my eyes were delighted to see such a well designed place! The room had just the right amount of pink and gray to balance out each other. The beautiful couches made me feel like a princess! :)
My voucher was inclusive of a foot spa, pedicure, hand spa and manicure. I had two people working on me simultaneously. My feet were soaked in water. Next, my nail technician gently scrubbed my feet then a foot mask was lavishly applied from my ankles to my knees. It smelled sooo good! The smell reminded me of grapes. <3 My feet were wrapped in cling wrap for a good 10 minutes and then my legs and feet were rinsed. The nail technician then applied a “cleanser” and lastly used oil to massage my briefly. Simultaneously, my nails were cleaned by another technician. The same procedure for the foot spa was done for my hand spa. After this, my cuticles were cleaned and my nail technician applied my polish of choice. I wanted to try out their caviar nails (40 pesos/nail) so another technician had to work on applying nail polish + caviar beads on my fingers.
This area is for the dry bar. :)
What I Loved:
- The overall ambience of the place was just lovely. I have to say that they have really excellent interiors.
- I was most excited about the caviar nails! They had a huuge selection of beads (I forgot to take a photo. </3)
- The couches were very comfortable.
- The magazine selection is wide and updated. (HUGE FACTOR FOR ME. ;) )
- The nail technician who worked on my foot spa, pedicure and hand spa was well skilled.
- Their polish selection is decent. Plus points for them being high-end polishes. :)
- The technicians looked sleek and professional in their uniforms.
- I experienced some new thing that i normally don’t experience with their foot spa treatment which was interesting. The “cleansing” liquid that they used right after the mask was something new and I appreciate it. :)
- My skin and nails felt refreshed and pampered after the treatments. :)
- This is merely a suggestion. The place is fully airconditioned and when various masks are applied to the body, it may get really cold. I was freezing cold and I had to ask for a towel. The towel wasn’t big enough but I can let it slide. It would just be better for the overall experience if they can provide scarves for each customer to use when they visit. :)
- contrary to the nail technician who worked on my feet, the nail technician who worked on my fingers wasn’t very skilled. She almost cut through my skin with the nail cutter when she was cutting my nails. She was in a hurry. It’s a good thing that I felt it when she was about to cut through my skin and I was able to stop her.
- I was checking out write-ups about the salon just to see if their service is consistent. I found out that the nail technicians wear portable flashlights around their head for better lighting and noticed that my technicians weren’t wearing any.
- I also found out that 2 steps were missing from my foot spa: foot mist and “blush”.
- Lastly, the couches had really tough pillows and it was hard for my to find a comfortable spot. I told the technician about my minor complaint and she offered me a soft pillow which she got from one of the cabinets. I think it would be better if each couch had one soft pillow each. :)
I’m suuuper passionate about reviewing nail salons because I am a nail spa addict and this is why I took the time to write out my observations. I see that the nail salon is a relatively new salon which is why it’s understandable for it to have some areas for improvement.Overall, I still enjoyed my experience at the salon. My voucher is worth 400 pesos and I think the actual price of the treatments is at least 800 pesos. I think that it was a really good deal and I will definitely return to the nail bar. :)
Where is your go-to nail spa? :)
For more updates, like my page on facebook here!
Follow me on twitter! :)
Follow me on instagram!
Pink Me Up Nail and Dry Bar
Unit 2D Lee Gardens Condominium
(above Security Bank and Starbucks Coffee)
along Shaw Boulevard cor Lee St. (near Petron Gas Station)