- The overall ambience of the place was just lovely. I have to say that they have really excellent interiors.
- I was most excited about the caviar nails! They had a huuge selection of beads (I forgot to take a photo. </3)
- The couches were very comfortable.
- The magazine selection is wide and updated. (HUGE FACTOR FOR ME. ;) )
- The nail technician who worked on my foot spa, pedicure and hand spa was well skilled.
- Their polish selection is decent. Plus points for them being high-end polishes. :)
- The technicians looked sleek and professional in their uniforms.
- I experienced some new thing that i normally don’t experience with their foot spa treatment which was interesting. The “cleansing” liquid that they used right after the mask was something new and I appreciate it. :)
- My skin and nails felt refreshed and pampered after the treatments. :)
- This is merely a suggestion. The place is fully airconditioned and when various masks are applied to the body, it may get really cold. I was freezing cold and I had to ask for a towel. The towel wasn’t big enough but I can let it slide. It would just be better for the overall experience if they can provide scarves for each customer to use when they visit. :)
- contrary to the nail technician who worked on my feet, the nail technician who worked on my fingers wasn’t very skilled. She almost cut through my skin with the nail cutter when she was cutting my nails. She was in a hurry. It’s a good thing that I felt it when she was about to cut through my skin and I was able to stop her.
- I was checking out write-ups about the salon just to see if their service is consistent. I found out that the nail technicians wear portable flashlights around their head for better lighting and noticed that my technicians weren’t wearing any.
- I also found out that 2 steps were missing from my foot spa: foot mist and “blush”.
- Lastly, the couches had really tough pillows and it was hard for my to find a comfortable spot. I told the technician about my minor complaint and she offered me a soft pillow which she got from one of the cabinets. I think it would be better if each couch had one soft pillow each. :)
All my close friends know how I’m really passionate about nails salons. I used to try to attempt to apply polish myself but I’ve long since given that up because I can’t seem to apply the darn polish using my left hand onto my right fingernails. I thank the heavens for the nails salons for those who can’t apply nail polish on themselves like me. Ever since, I’ve visited a bunch of nails salons all over the metro and so far, I’ve only truly went back to 1.
However, I recently discovered a relatively new nail salon and it has become a fast favorite of mine. This roughly 1-year-old salon is called Lulu Nails and Dry Bar and oh my goodness, I can honestly say that I’ve found my very own secret haven in Manila.
The place is very new, clean, and spacious and it also has a lot of natural light which I really really love. The interiors are a mix of white, black, and pops of color. Customers are also treated to their very own lazy boy, A-plus for comfort! My favorite spot has to be the spot facing the window where the view of Ortigas showcased in all its busy glory. It’s not as beautiful as the Makati skyline or anything, but I love it anyway. They also serve drinks and have chick flicks available for viewing.
Their service menu covers all the basic services like other standard nail salons but what really stood out to me was their unique hand and foot spa offerings. Some of their unique flavors include chocolate and wine flavored products for the hand and foot spa treatments. On my firs visit, I tried out the For the love of Chocolates Luxury Spa. The products really smelled like chocolates and left my feet smelling delish! On my second visit, I tried their Illuminating Spa for the feet with their Lulu deluxe Manicure and Pedicure (nail shaping, soak, cuticle care, massage, moisturize, hydrating mist, buff, polish). Haha who knew that a simple manicure and pedicure had so much stuff going on? The Illuminating Spa includes a soak, callous treatment, foot scrub, foot mask, cleanser (to rinse of the mask), oil, foot butter, and is finished off with an antibacterial mist.
All the tools they use are sterilized for each customer, how fab!
I had two lovely nail technicians working with me. They were both very polite and friendly, even. I was able to chit-chat with them a bit but I like how they knew when it was appropriate to stop and let me have a nap haha. They were very knowledgeable about the procedure, they had very light hands and I really felt like I was in good hands. So much so that I was able to doze away without worrying about any mishaps happening to me.
look ma, I’m really studying!
Finally, they have a huge selection of nail polish shades and brands to choose from. To be honest, what really made me want to go back to their salon was because of their Seche Vite nail polish. It’s an American brand and its super special feature in my opinion is that it has quick-drying properties. I hate it when my perfect nails still get ruined the next day because apparently its possible that the nail polish isn’t completely dry yet, underneath the top coat. Seche Vite dries so quickly, immediately leaves a GORGEOUS finish and is almost complete indestructible for a good 2 weeks. A lot of friends complimented me on my nails and asked me if I was using gel polish because it really looked utterly stunning! I just hope they buy more nude shades for the Seche Vite brands (I hope this post reaches the owner, haha).
You can use any of these polishes except for their designer polishes without any additional charges! I absolutely look down on nails salons who charge more for polishes like OPI, Essie, Misha, etc because other salons include these premium polishes into their service fee, so they should be able to do it too! haha
The prices of their services are definitely higher than most nail salons I know but everything about the salon from the interiors, services, polish selection makes the price so worth it TALAGA. I can’t stop raving about this salon to my friends and I hope you feel my passion for the place through what I’m saying here. This nail salon is the ultimate place to be if you want quick access absolute luxury and if you just want to have a flawless time. I really really enjoyed my pampering time in this salon and I hope they keep up their momentum when it comes to their quality of services. For now, I’m dropping my slightly more affordable nail spa favorite and I officially declare Lulu nails as my ultimate favorite nail salon in Manila. I spent around P1100 for a foot spa, mani and pedi!
They have an ongoing promo right now, so you can find their contact info on their FB page for more details!
I am ADDICTED to getting my nails done. I have them done at least twice a month. I normally go to my favorite nail spa in Greenhills but my mom recently bought two vouchers for nail pampering services at the Pink Me Up Nail and Dry Bar located at Shaw boulevard, Mandaluyong City.
The Nail and Dry Bar is located in a building and I had to walk through a series of hallways to reach the nail spa. Good thing is there were signs at each corner that guided me to the nail spa. ;)
I am VERY fond of the color pink and my eyes were delighted to see such a well designed place! The room had just the right amount of pink and gray to balance out each other. The beautiful couches made me feel like a princess! :)
My voucher was inclusive of a foot spa, pedicure, hand spa and manicure. I had two people working on me simultaneously. My feet were soaked in water. Next, my nail technician gently scrubbed my feet then a foot mask was lavishly applied from my ankles to my knees. It smelled sooo good! The smell reminded me of grapes. <3 My feet were wrapped in cling wrap for a good 10 minutes and then my legs and feet were rinsed. The nail technician then applied a “cleanser” and lastly used oil to massage my briefly. Simultaneously, my nails were cleaned by another technician. The same procedure for the foot spa was done for my hand spa. After this, my cuticles were cleaned and my nail technician applied my polish of choice. I wanted to try out their caviar nails (40 pesos/nail) so another technician had to work on applying nail polish + caviar beads on my fingers.
This area is for the dry bar. :)
What I Loved:
I’m suuuper passionate about reviewing nail salons because I am a nail spa addict and this is why I took the time to write out my observations. I see that the nail salon is a relatively new salon which is why it’s understandable for it to have some areas for improvement.Overall, I still enjoyed my experience at the salon. My voucher is worth 400 pesos and I think the actual price of the treatments is at least 800 pesos. I think that it was a really good deal and I will definitely return to the nail bar. :)
Where is your go-to nail spa? :)
For more updates, like my page on facebook here!
Follow me on twitter! :)
Follow me on instagram!
Pink Me Up Nail and Dry Bar
Unit 2D Lee Gardens Condominium
(above Security Bank and Starbucks Coffee)
along Shaw Boulevard cor Lee St. (near Petron Gas Station)