I’m back with a review about my newest HG (holy grail) red lipstick, MAC’s Charmed I’m Sure from the Marilyn Monroe Collection.
The Collection featured 4 reds: Charmed I’m Sure, Deeply Adored, Love Goddess and Scarlet Ibis. Charmed I’m sure is a true red similar to Russian Red. Deeply Adored is a dark brownish red. Love Goddess is a pinkish red while Scarlet Ibis is an orangey red similar to Lady Danger. I’ve been looking for a true red so I purchased Charmed I’m sure. I also wanted to get deeply adored but it sold out so quickly. :(
What I love:
- a TRUE RED!!! my gay friends would call this p*ta red. HAHAHA.
- it’s a matte finish lipstick. Matte lipsticks tend to have a longer wearing times.
- I LOVE the packaging. I’m so torn between using the lipstick and preserving it! Also the box comes in another slidey box thing! Talk about bonggels packaging! haha. sorry. I’m being such a baklita right now.
- it’s limited edition meaning I’m one of the few in this world who has it! :)
- red tones like this with blue undertones make teeth look whiter! :)
What I don’t like:
- it’s limited edition meaning I won’t be able to get another one when I run out.
- it’s a bit drying because of its matte finish. make sure to exfoliate and moisturize your lips before you apply!! :)
- quite pricy at PHP1100 a pop
follow me on twitter:
Ask me anything on formspring!