I haven’t been using gel liners until recently because I remember them having a really short shelf life which is why I was discouraged from buying them for quite some time.
The other day, I was shopping for some basic cosmetics on a rush at Watsons and came across the Maybelline Lasting Drama Gel Liner and I decided to give it a try in black 01. They claim for it to have a “new improved formula, more intense, upto 36 hours lasting, smudgeproof and waterproof“.
I had the first Maybelline LAsting Drama Gel Liner but I already tossed it out because it dried up already.
What I love about the product:
- The formulation is wonderful! The gel liner is so smooth, creamy and easy to apply.
- Pigmentation is excellent. It comes out as a true black. It didn’t have a gloss of any sort.
- It comes with a small flat dome-shaped brush. The brush is small enough to line on small asian eye like mine but I feel like it could appreciate the brush more if it was an angled brush just because it would be easier to wing out my eyeliner with one. The brush is also stiff enough to create lines.
- Nonetheless, the brush is useful because it is long enough to fit my hand and allows me to comfortably line my eyes.
- The packaging is so much better in my opinion! The old one had screw type lid as well but the lid itself is so much different from the old one. The new and improved lid suits my taste a lot more.
- It’s very affordable! It’s about 500 pesos give or take.
What I don’t like:
- As much as I wanted this to last, it started to smudge throughout the middle of the day. I has semi raccoon like eyes by the end of the day. (You can still make this work by patting on some black eyeshadow on your eyeliner to make sure it stays in place though! :) )