In my last blog post, I talked about my favorite trend for Fall 2012 which is Burgundy Lips. For my last post, I looked for an affordable lipstick with a burgundy shade and the best one that I found was the Maybelline Colorsensational Lipstick in Mauve-ulous. :)
What I Love:
- i love the shade
- the colorsensational line generally has a wide shade selection
- the “curved” shape of the lipstick makes it easy for people to apply the lipstick on the lips
- slightly scented but I barely notice the scent
- packaging is simple but it doesn’t look cheap
- very moisturizing
- cheap at PHP399 compared to a standard MAC lipstick which costs around PHP1000
What I Don’t Like
- since the lipstick is moisturizing, it does not stay on for a long time.
- you’ll have to keep on reapplying
- the silver part of the lipstick acquires fingerprints easily
Overall Tips and Recommendations
I really like this lipstick. I think it is perfect for those who are looking for affordable lippies. For those who have wide lipstick collection shades and are used to high end lipsticks, I don’t think that they will appreciate this as much. I used to be a brand snob and I used to buy only high end lippies. However as a beauty blogger, I’ve become more open to looking for cheaper alternatives. I don’t think that this product is exceptional because of that fact that it doesn’t stay on the lips very long but for a lipstick that costs PHP399, you get your money’s worth for this product.
That’s it! Thanks for reading! :)
Have you tried any lipsticks from Maybelline’s Colorsensational line? How was it? I would love to hear your comments below! :)
For more updates, like my page on facebook here!
Follow me on twitter! :)
Ask me anything on formspring!