David’s has always been my childhood parlor aside from Ricky Reyes. ha ha! My grandma used to bring me there and get my hair cut. As I grew and became more girly, I’ve been going to different salons all over the metro. Forgive me for this but I’ve always had this impression that David’s Salon was a “pang-masa” salon.
I haven’t been back here ever since I was a kid but I have to say that I was really impressed! My friend Krissy and Ericka treated Kally and me to a treatment of our choice at David’s Salon Greenbelt 1 and I’m really glad that I was able to experience the services of the salon once again!
My parents HATE my super light hair color so I decided to use this opportunity to darken my hair a bit. I loove my light hair so I couldn’t go back to my old black hair. I went for a compromise and chose something two shades darker. I’m glad that the hair stylist was very knowledgaable and helpful because I initially wanted to get just one shade darker. He advised me to take two shades darker because my hair will eventually turn lighter after 2 weeks meaning that I’ll just be a shade darker after 2 weeks. I went for a shade that had a hint of red. My old hair used to have a hint of blonde. :)
What I Love:
- The place looks new and the overall aesthetics of the place doesn’t make it look “pang-masa” at all (so different from what I imagined it looked like based on my past experience).
- The shampoo section is covered. (if you’ve read my past posts, I value my privacy and privacy usually contributes to the overall comfort of the experience).
- The stylist is professional and well trained.
- The service is inclusive of a consultation with the stylist. The stylist was patient in answering my questions.
- The salon offered a wide array of colors to choose from.
- The person who applied the color on my hair briefly massaged me while waiting for the color to set in.
- The outcome was fabulous!!!!! :)
- The service is affordable at around PHP3500 ish. I forgot the exact cost but my hair is extra long and it only costs around that price. :)
What I don’t like:
- nothing much. I can’t recall anything bad to take against them. haha!
After the procedure.
I really did not expect the salon to look up to par with the high end salons in the Metro. I didn’t want to visit David’s salon because it is a franchise and there are a lot of branches all over the Philippines. I used to prefer going to one-of-a-kind salons like Indigo Salon, Bench Fix by Alex Carbonell, Emphasis, and the like. These are all one of their kind and chances are each stylist is handpicked and the services should be exceptional compared to franchises. I was really impressed with the David’s Salon Greenbelt 1 branch and now I’m more open to maybe going back there and get my hair colored again. I said maybe because I like trying out new salons and I don’t really stick to just one. :)
I wanna thank Ericka and Krissy once again for treating me to a lovely dye job! <3
Thanks for Reading!