I recently did a shoot with Maybelline for their online campaign called “Do you dare?”. It was so much fun! I had to prepare two outfits because I’m a blogger. My first look has already been posted on their website and you can check it out here!
Maybelline Philippines gave me a couple of products to review and the first one that I will be reviewing is the Maybelline Hypersharp liner. Scroll down for my full review!
This is actually my first drugstore liquid liner. Compared to my beloved Kat Von D liquid liner which costs around PHP800-900 a piece, this only costs PHP399! The packaging doesn’t look cheap at all! The liner itself is made of shiny black plastic topped off with a shiny gold cover.
What I love:
- the product is very sleek and thin; easy to bring around
- considerably pigmented
- the tip is truly “hypersharp”
- stays on all day (i don’t have oily lids though)
- very affordable
What I don’t like:
- After I used this a couple of times, the tip wasn’t as sharp as it was first opened.
- It would be better if it was blacker.
- Unlike my kat von d liner, this doesn’t a pump like thing to push out the ink/product when it gets dry. (I shake my Kat Von D liner if i want more product to come out)
Tips and Recommendations
- This is very good for girls who have monolids because this liner can really create very thin lines
- You can build on the liner for thicker lines
- When the product/ink doesn’t seem to come out, just stroke some lines on the back of your hand to trigger the product to come out.
This product is a good value for your money and I would repurchase this. I remain loyal to my Kat Von D liner just because its tip REALLY stays sharp. However, for a drugstore product, this delivers results that is up to to par with its price.
Available in all Maybelline counters nationwide.
What are your favorite liquid eyeliners? :) Comment below! <3
Thanks for reading!
Follow me on twitter! :)
Ask me anything on formspring!